Monday, July 23, 2012

Tournament Report at Marymount 22/7/12

Hello everyone, Shaunewbiez back here again with another tournament report. Took my Hero deck from last week down to Marymount this time after polishing abit on the main and side to test out again and hope to top 8. So without further delay, here's the report:

Deck Used: Hero Beat

Round 1: Master Hero Beat (Jeff/Lord Ching)
Results: OXX

Game 1:
Started off with an Alius, set 2 and ended. He tried to suicide his own Alius into mine but I used Honest so as not to risk him using Gemini Spark on my other set card if I used a Gemini Spark on that Alius. He set 2 and ended. Alius took a shot at his lifepoints. He tried to storm next turn but I had Starlight Road. Forgot the middle part of the game, but he had quite little monsters and I had a pretty decent opening hand so won after awhile from his lack of monsters.

Game 2:
He went first by going for the opening Stratos into Alius play. Setting 2 cards and ended. I used Pot of Duality and took Gorz to deter him from direct attacks. Summoned Alius but was met with a Torrential. Set a Super Polymerization hoping he'd summon Alius and Bubbbleman next turn and ended. He read that move and started poking away at my life points. Had to resort to setting more backrow to scare him off, rendering my Gorz useless. Died from no monsters and a stuck Gorz in hand.

Game 3:
Went first, summoned Stratos, set 3 and ended. He MSTed my Super Polymerization away. Summoned Alius and beat me down. My Photon Thrasher and Alius in hand were met with Dimensional Prison and Solemn Warning respectively. Tried to Reborn his Stratos a few turns later but forgot he used it for Miracle Fusion the previous turn. Died from lack of monsters and he cleared my field with Compulsory Evacuation Device, Bottomless and Torrential Tribute.

Round 2: Six Samurai (Colin)
Results: OXO

Game 1:
Summoned Stratos, searched Alius, set Torrential and ended. He went by special summoning a Hermit, then normal summoning Yaichi to bait my Torrential. I used it obviously. He used Monster Reborn on his Hermit and followed by an Asceticism for Kagemusha, synchroing it into an early Shien. He then special summoned Grandmaster and hit with both, I dropped Gorz on the Shien. He set 2 and ended. Can't really remember much here but I was able to clear off his Shien and Grandmaster through battle but lost my Gorz as well somewhere. He soon had not much resources and I had a Shining slowly attacking for game.

Game 2:
Another first turn Shien and Grandmaster. Tried to fight but had not enough cards to play around his S/T negation, got weared down in terms of card advantage and he just went Blade Heart for game.

Game 3:
Summoned Alius and ended. He went for Grandmaster and Naturia Beast after clearing my backrow. Managed to Spark it away together with a Veiler, throwing away 2-for-1 exchange. Miracled for Shining to clear Grandmaster. Set a DDWL and ended. He passed. Miracle Fusion for an Absolute Zero for insurance, normal summoned a Fossil Dyna and flipped my DDWL and beat 2 turns for game. He explained later on he had a set Super Poly which he wanted to use by I summoned in the right order so that Fossil Dyna prevented him from doing so. Lucky me, seriously.

Round 3: Bubble Beat (Jonas Tai)
Results: OO-

Game 1:
I went first, set a card and ended. He summoned used Night Beam, summoned Stratos, searched Bubbleman and attacked directly, I dropped Gorz. I set a few more cards on my turn and ended. He then tried to rush for game on his turn but was met with a Super Poly into an Absolute Zero. He tried to stall but couldn't as he had no Miracle and my Gorz kept poking away at his life points.

Game 2:
Early Gorz netted some advantage. He cleared it with an Excalibur. I cleared it with a Spark followed by Miracle Fusion for direct hits. He tried to flood but I used Torrential Tribute, to which he countered with a Starlight Road. I then hit away his Stardust, he went for another Excalibur. I summoned Alius and hit and threw honest for game.

Round 4: Inzecters (Akira)
Results: OXO

Game 1:
Had no idea what he was playing, so set a Torrential and Warning and ended. He MSTed away my Warning and summoned Card Trooper, he milled Inzecter stuff and hit. Had no monsters, so summoned a Bubbleman and poked to clear the Trooper to prevent further milling. I stalled this way with the Torrential and in-hand Veiler until my Emergency Call came. Used it to fetch a Stratos, summoning it but it met with warning. Went for Absolute Zero with Miracle and hit. Blurry after that but won due to him having not enough clearance since I had too many monsters afterwards.

Game 2:
Had my beaters meet with Bottomless, Dimensional Prisons and Torrentials without any Sparks nor backrow support. Only counters I had were 2 Veilers and a D.D. Crow in hand. Died after a misplay while stalling, when he equipped Centipede with a Hornet and Gigamantis and I forgot to Veiler, only after he used Hornet to destroy Gigamantis and that allowed him to special summon that Hornet and equip Gigamantis for 4000 damage when I was at 3600 lifepoints.

Game 3:
He set a card and ended. I summoned Alius and hit, set 1 and ended. He summoned Gruf, equipped Hornet and I used Veiler on it. I used Alius to clear his Gruf, set another card and ended. He used Heavy Storm, I chained Crevice to the Different Dimension, removing both his Hornet and Gruf. He had no more Hornet nor Gruf and had to resort to setting Damsels and Centipedes to stall and fake Snowman Eaters. He lost after a few turns of Alius attacking directly.

Top 8: Wind-Up (Sam)
Results: XX-

Game 1:
Opened with a beautiful hand, until he dropped it. Top deck Alius, died without hands next turn.

Game 2:
Put on a very short and fail fight for the first 2 turns. He made Maestroke and cleared me. I made Shining with an in-grave Stratos and Alius. He cleared my Shining and I only took back Stratos. I drew a card, used that MST on his backrow, summoned Stratos, and began searching for a Bubbleman..

which I sided out the previous game.

Died laughing.

Bottom 4: Master Hero Beat (Jeff/Lord Ching)
Results: OXX

Game 1:
Forgot what happened but I think he lacked monsters again.

Game 2:
Did alot of mistakes such as ramming a DDWL into his face down Snowman in attempt to remove both and alot more. Also tried to Gorz but still died.

Game 3:
Ate too much monster removal until most of my heroes were RFG. Tried to do stunts but still failed.

7th/8th: Chaos Dragons (Johann)

Shared both prizes. Sucked.

Oh well. Gotta thank Jeff once again for the tremendous help in deck building. As well as credits to Clarence for being a factor in my change of playstyle. Hopefully get to go top 4 more and not get stuck in the bottom 4, although getting to top 8 is already a blessing. Look forward to the next tourney.

However, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm sad to say that as of now, Team Aequus is not going to be participating in next weeks team tournament at Lorong Ah Soo on the 28th due to ChickenNoodle and bannified being unavailable on that day. Unless some last minute change in their schedule allows for it, we'll be there. Nonetheless, wishing all other teams good luck.

As for any banlist predictions, I hardly doubt I'd be doing one as like all other banlists, Konami won't really care what you think about it, so us being us, we'll just sit back and enjoy people give their comments on it while we wait for the actual banlist to come out so we can troll some more.

On a side note, school's been really heavy on the workload to compensate from the lack of any written assessments so do forgive me if I happen to forget anything that happens in a tourney, really tired out during the weekdays. For instance, I have school at 8am tomorrow and I'm still up drawing for a project which I noticed looks like Gagagigo..

So until next time.

Signing off,
Shaunewbiez

No comments:

Post a Comment