Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Reviving an old flame.

This ain't the real artwork, but I'd love it to be.
Flame King God Beast Garudonix

Winged Beast/Effect
2700/1700
If this card is destroyed by a card effect and sent to the Graveyard, Special Summon this card during your next Standby Phase from your Graveyard. When this card is Special Summoned by this effect, destroy all other Monsters on the field. Also, when this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, Special Summon 1 "Flame King" Monster from your Deck, except a "Flame King God Beast Garudonix"

So was just browsing on shriek when I saw they updated the news on the upcoming fire themed deck following Cosmos Blazar. The boss monster was the only card they gave info about other than 2 more cards coming with the deck. Not many of you know but I've been a dedicated fan of anything to do with fire or flames since quite a small age, as well as when I first started the game buying the very first fire-themed deck "Blaze of Destruction" as I loved the artwork. All in all I'm just fascinated with the attribute and stuff. Okay now enough of my exaggerated cheesy stories and on to the card.

The effect is pretty much unconfirmed as of now and may have some slight changes as well as a possible extension seeing this card despite having a crazy-ass global nuke it also has no way to be summoned easily. Now, this card at first sight looks like the monster destruction counterpart of Sacred Phoenix of Nephtys, which was "just another card" back in the old days of 2005/2006 on it's release. Konami probably decided to take the mechanics of it's revival effect and throw an upgraded version back into the game. 

Now, you're probably wondering why the hype over this card. When I saw the effect, first thing that popped into my head was the Card Trooper engine, or to a further extent, Lightsworns, that mills heavily and uses Call of the Haunted to revive the card. Supposed you couple CotH with this card, it'd be a beast against swarm-oriented decks which rely on field presence to overthrow the opponent. Yes, I'm not declaring anything yet, but I'm suggesting that this could be a possible card that Wind-Ups should be afraid of assuming they fail to OTK.

As far as the second effect goes we'd have to see what other "Flame Kings" are going to be made, hopefully with equally devastating effects.

Stat-wise, 2700 is Grapha and Hyperion standard, so not much of an issue in being easily ran over. Having it as a Winged-Beast also opens it up to the famous Icarus Attack although I wouldn't give thought to it unless the other cards in the archetype are Winged Beast. Level 8 also means potential Ennead material. Gotta wait for more news to even speculate further.

Alas, the end of the impromptu card review is here, just thought I'd share my thoughts as I haven't updated much. Sorry about that.

Signing off,
Shaunewbiez

No comments:

Post a Comment